Project Controls Manager – Kuwait – Louis Berger
Louis Berger is a global engineering and construction consulting firm with an international reputation of delivering superior results across an extensive portfolio of projects including rail and transit, bridge and tunnel, infrastructure, healthcare and education. Louis Berger’s expertise encompasses all phases of engineering from the initial planning stage through final design, construction and commissioning. We are providing Program Management and Construction Management (PM/CM) services in support of rail, infrastructure and mixed use improvement programs across the Middle East including but not limited to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Jordan and the United Arab Emirates. The major components of these programs include rail, hospitals, schools, water treatment, and related infrastructure, along with safety, security, and environmental and sustainability services.
Louis Berger operates on every habitable continent. We have a long-standing presence in more than 50 nations, represented by the multidisciplinary expertise of nearly 6,000 engineers, economists, scientists, managers and planners.
To learn more about Louis Berger, visit us at www.louisberger.com.
Our team is growing and we are currently seeking for an Project Controls Manager that will be based in Kuwait.
Duties and responsibilities not limited to:
The Project Controls Manager shall be fully conversant with all aspects of project controls on multiple contract infrastructure programs including risk management, scheduling and progress monitoring, cost estimating and control, configuration and change management, document control and reporting. The individual shall be capable of managing a team that will provide oversight of design, construction and supply contracts, develop and implement systems and procedures, and ensure an effective monitoring and reporting regime is implemented that will allow effective and timely decision making.
Key responsibilities include:
- Defining user needs.
- Setting up the project control system and delivering best practice project controls policy, processes and procedures to the project.
- Developing working and management reporting requirements.
- Establishing an appropriate cost & schedule control system.
- Establish MIS and reporting tools, including database systems for document control, control of production of contract documentation and engineering submissions.
- Monitoring and control of the cost and overall project schedule against agreed performance targets.
- Developing, monitoring and updating of the project implementation program and analysis of critical paths.
- Preparation of monthly progress reports, including cost/schedule status and cash flow progress performance metrics.
- Monitoring of risk and recommending mitigation measures as required.
- Required Skills
- Extensive experience in Project Controls, ideally within the infrastructure business.
- Strong planning and delivery orientation
- Commercial / financial / business acumen
- Extensive client and stakeholder management
- Proven Leader within a matrix style organization
- Customer-focused balanced with recognising the need for governance
- Ability to establish and meet deadlines, multi-task and prioritise
- A positive attitude combined with excellent interpersonal and motivational skills.
- Experience of working across boundaries, including knowledge of commercial management, best practice supply chain and finance functions.
- Ability to develop and update schedules, create reports and provide analysis using Microsoft Project and Primavera.
- Competent in PrimaveraP6
- Prince/APM qualified ideal
- Holds relevant Bachelor’s Degree
- Well versed in written and verbal English & Arabic languages
- Required Experience
- Minimum 20 years of experience in Project Controls for major multi project programs
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in Project Controls either for a Contractor or Construction Management firm.
- Full understanding of performance measurement methodologies, earned value techniques and project scheduling and cost management.
- Significant experience in claims avoidance, claims management and risk management.
- MENA Experience a plus
- APPLY NOW
- Job Location
- Kuwait, , Kuwait
- Position Type
- Project Controls Manager
- Tracking Code