Senior Planning Engineer – Oman – Amec Foster Wheeler
Senior Planning Engineer
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler will potentially be awarded a large PMC Refinery project in Oman which is expected to run for around 3 years. If the project is awarded we are expected to start mobilizing successful candidates by the end of Q4 2017. We do not yet know the confirmed EPC locations, but they are likely to be in Western Europe and the United Arab Emirates. Once work at the EPC locations has been completed, employees will be transferred to the Oman site to work on a residential status assignment.
If you are interested in the position of Senior Planning Engineer and happy to commit to either of the above locations, please apply to the requisition and someone will be in touch with you to discuss your application.
Please note this position will be hired on a single status basis.
- Ensure that client relationships are maintained at all levels within the project
- Create and sustain a good team spirit within the Amec Foster Wheeler project team and client
- Monitor and review cost control, planning and reporting requirements of the project
- Monitor and review PMC cost control, planning, scheduling and reporting techniques to record man-hour and business costs as per client contractual requirements
- Monitor and review the EPC Contractor’s detailed planning, schedule and progress measurement procedures
- Monitor, review and verify the EPC Contractor’s monthly progress and invoices
- Monitor and review the EPC Contractor’s resource plans and execution methodology to ensure validity of schedules
- Ensure that the Lead Planning / Cost Engineer is aware of any potential cost or schedule deviations and propose remedial action
- Contribute to preparation of weekly, monthly and as required status reports and / or presentations to client
- Monitor and review variations to the contract in order to safeguard budget and schedule integrity
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum Ten years’ experience in major oil/gas projects in a similar position
- A degree in quantity surveying, engineering or similar diploma
- Must have experience in chemical, hydrocarbon, petrochemical and industrial plant development using EPC contracts.
- Must be experienced in the use of Primavera Project Planner Ver.6
- Must be familiar with planning and scheduling of activities for all aspects of EPCC of major oil / gas plants
- Must have the ability to read and interpret contract terms, conditions and specifications, knowledge of quality control and assurance functions, methods of progress measurements and verification
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.