Cost Control Engineer – WorleyParsons Kuwait
Develop, coordinate and manage procedures to ensure the efficient cost control of the Projects, including the recording, controlling, forecasting and reporting of all financial matters.
• Liaise with Worley Corporate and Client accounting groups to establish a project cost control and reporting methodology
• Develop, implement and control the project accounting and job costing system to meet project requirements
• Take ownership of the cost control function and ensure integrity of the data being processed
• Interface with project personnel to develop project forecasts and analyse project costs
• Supervise any supporting roles in the project cost control area
• Liaise with clients to clarify cost related issues and develop timely and meaningful monthly invoices. Ensure payment of invoices according to EPCM contract terms
• Preparation of project invoices in conjunction with the Accounts Department
• Liaise with Client for reporting purposes
• Preparation of monthly financial reports for the project. Also prepare other financial analysis as required on an adhoc basis
• Implement financial controls including controlling authorisations of expenditure and cash flow projections
• Preparation of budgets in conjunction with engineering and construction team members
• Ensure effective coordination and cooperation between other team members, particularly in regard to cost, planning (forecasting) and procurement matters
• Prepare and control Inter Entity Work Orders
• Ensure through quality practices that work is completed accurately and in accordance with company procedures.
• Utilise Continuous Improvement processes to ensure consistent quality and fit-for-purpose outcomes.
• Promote the identification of potential areas of concern or improvement, to maximise cost effectiveness on projects and work practices.
• Develop and maintain a professional, highly skilled Cost Control team through leadership, resources, technical and system support, training and innovation.
• Provide advice and guidance to other personnel as required.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members and other personnel.
• Provide guidance and support to Asset Cost Controllers and Project Cost Controllers in fulfilling their cost control responsibilities.
• Maintain a high level of communication / interface with other cost and project control personnel within
• Monitor cost control applications to ensure project data integrity.
• Provide ad-hoc cost control support / advice to Project Engineers and Management.
• Quality Assurance – Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance system relevant to the BU, etc
• Safety – Responsible for personal safety safe working practices for the BU, etc. Understand and follow OH&S procedures.
• Bachelor Degree / Diploma Science or Financing / Accounting
• 8 years total post-graduation experience (16 + years’ experience with less than required qualification)
• 5 years’ experience in Oil & Gas / Petrochemical industry.
• Must have minimum 4 years experience in Cost Control
• Engineering qualification(s) or equivalent experience in engineering / construction preferable.
• Proven computer literacy skills with experience in cost and project control computer applications
• Proven ability to communicate effectively with others; (verbally, in written communications and in presentations / meetings).
• Ability to effectively and efficiently plan / prioritise all areas of responsibility such as: Budgets; Time management; Resources – training and succession planning.
• Demonstrate an awareness and understanding of industry standard practices in cost control activities.
• Experience in audit activities.