Cost Engineer – Singapore
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Development and execution of the project cost plan and monitor costs and collects cost data to ensure conformity with management’s budget directives, cost tracking, forecasting and reporting.
- Study and understand all relevant project documents relating to the cost management of allocated projects.
- Establish project control budgets based on the client approved Project Control Estimate.
- Assist Project Management Team in identifying and gaining approval of Estimates/ Change Requests.
- Perform a variety of cost engineering functions including cost control, budget preparations, forecasting, and cost reporting.
- Review cost commitment and expenditure information (for all cost elements), for input to the cost control and reporting system on a weekly basis.
- Prepare regular cost reports and advise management of any forecast cost overruns, to maintain comprehensive accessible registers of financial approvals, variations and change orders.
- Report turnaround and project actual vs baseline cost status as required.
- Report earned value per vendor and identify trends that impact the final cost projections.
- Prepare final cost report and invoice to client.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in project cost control role, preferably working in a Contractor Environment.
- Degree with Cost Control experience on major projects.
- Demonstrated success in past project involvement and technical delivery of small to medium size projects.
- Possesses wide and diversified knowledge of cost control system and costing techniques in the Oil & Gas and Petrochemical Industry.
- Enjoy numeric and calculation.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, written and verbal English.
- Good team player, self-driven with ability to interact across multiple disciplines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office package.
Application DetailsPlease provide your CV to Berlyn Wong at firstname.lastname@example.org , preferably in Microsoft Word document format